The duration of a presentation slot is 15 minutes. You will have 12 minutes for the presentation itself and 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
A LCD projector & computer (Windows XP, MS Powerpoint & Adobe Acrobat Reader) will be available in every session room for regular presentations. Neither Overhead projectors, 35mm slides projectors, VHS videotape player nor DVD player will be available.
Preparation of Visuals:
- PLEASE NOTE THAT INDIVIDUALS USING COMPUTER PROJECTION MUST BRING A MEMORY STICK AND A CD CONTAINING THEIR PRESENTATION. Files can be uploaded to the local PCs in the lecture rooms during the breaks between the sessions. To avoid software compatibility problems (MS Powerpoint), speakers are advised to save their Powerpoint presentation with the Package for CD feature AND bring a .ppt or .pptx or PDF-version of their presentation.
- Speakers should arrive in their session room 15 minutes BEFORE the start of their session to report to the chair person. A proctor will also be available in case you need technical assistance.
- Speakers are strongly encouraged to visit the Speaker Preparation room in advance of their presentation to avoid any last minute problems. The Speakers' Preparation room will be open during the sessions from Monday through Wednesday.
- Limit the number of words per visual to no more than 20.
- Leave space, at least the height of a capital letter, between lines of text.
- All fonts, including that on graphs, should be 18 point or larger.
- Graphs and charts should have bold lines and symbols that contrast sharply with the background.
There will be a large number of posters presented during the conference. A large number of posters will be exhibited at each session. In order to make these sessions run smoothly, some cooperation from you, as a poster exhibitor, is necessary. Please make sure your poster is put up before the start of the session and removed after it has ended. However, presenters are advised to place their poster before the first session of each day.
The placement of your poster will be marked on the panel, where it will be presented with the number of your poster contribution: Ex. A5P-N.1 (A=first day, 5=the time slot, P=poster session, N=Area 1, .1=poster 1). Look for your number in the conference program.
The size of the poster panel that is available which defines the maximum poster size is 90 cm (wide) x 150 cm (tall)
The format of the poster panel is portrait (width < height). You are free to choose a single poster (or many smaller posters) that fit on the given panel size.
The recommended format is A0 portrait: 84.1 cm x 118.9 cm (33.1 inch x 46.8 inch)
Your posters will be attached to the panel with push pins, which will already be available on the panel. If you need more pins, please contact the poster area proctor. After you have removed your poster, please leave pins on the board.